07 3152 4444

Be it a customer, a business partner or a family member – being owed money can be stressful.

Too often the money was supposed to be only out for a short time and nobody thought to do up a loan agreement.

Calling in the debt and maintaining relations in these circumstances is especially tricky.

What can you do when the person who owes money is pleading for time?

The answer is a settlement deed.

A settlement deed can be entered into after the fact and will record:

1. The amount to be repaid.

2. When the money is to be repaid and specify the installment dates if necessary.

3. Whether there is any interest.

4. If any security for the debt is to be given.

5. The consequences of default.

We do them quickly for a fixed fee.

Contact: Bruce Pasetti 07 3152 4402 bruce.pasetti@stratoslegal.com.au or

Luke Gunthorpe 07 3152 4403 luke.gunthorpe@stratoslegal.com.au